Enforcement and Contempt
Eaton Family Law Olive Branch

When a party does not comply with a court’s order or judgment, the result can be chaos because the parties are unable to plan according to their court document.  Non-compliance issues may involve the payment of money for an equalizing award or child/spousal support, parenting time issues, follow through with dividing personal property, or the sale of a marital home.  Sometimes, one party’s failure to comply may be due to ambiguity in the wording of the judgment or court order. In these cases, an enforcement action can help to resolve the ambiguity and prevent future non-compliance.

When non-compliance is intentional, and not due to any ambiguity, then a contempt proceeding may provide the best remedy for the party to who seeks to enforce the court’s order or judgment.

Our attorneys at Eaton Family Law & Mediation, LLC, expertly guide our clients in enforcement and contempt actions, whether they are seeking compliance or clarification of ambiguous obligations.

All Rights Reserved © Eaton Family Law & Mediation, LLC 2024 • site design by True Compass Designs